The Auckland Women’s Health Council is a feminist organisation. We believe:
- Women users of health services have the right to make informed decisions regarding their own health care and treatment
- Women have the right to the information necessary to enable them to make informed decisions
- Health care must be accessible, affordable and available as well as culturally appropriate and acceptable to women
- Consumer participation on all decision-making processes for health care services is essential.
All women in Auckland have agency over their physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well-being and are fully informed of health services available and have access to them, particularly Māori women.
To provide an independent feminist voice focused on women’s/family health and health services in Auckland.
- Women in Auckland have the right to make informed decisions regarding their own health care and treatment.
- Women in Auckland participate in all decision-making processes for health care services.
- Women in Auckland have accessible, affordable, available, and accountable health care services.
- Ensuring the work of the Council continues to be sustainable and to grow.